Picture the Light in Your Life!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Birthday Flower

This birthday card is my take on a clean and simple design. I finally got my Smooch Spritz sprayer unclogged so I used it on the flourish here.

The design is based on a sketch from Card Patterns:

In addition to the Card Patterns sketch, I incorporated several other challenges into this card:
Sentimental Sundays: flowers and sentiment
Caardvarks: monochromatic card
Flourishes: Timeless Tuesday "Bought It, Use It"
Paper Sundaes: 3 patterned papers, 2 cardstocks and 1 single flower
Creative Belli: birthday
Handfull of Stamps: 2 or more patterned papers


The flower is made by using 2 designer papers with BossKut die. I didn't quite cut the details in the petals, so it adds some texture to the flower petals. This is the first time I have used this die for a project. I was excited to get the Tim Holtz Sizzix die on sale... a month ago. So it was nice to use it and not just leave it in the shopping bag!


Supplies:
Cardstock: DCWV
Paper: 3 DP from DCWV
Dies: BossKut Flower Flourish, Sizzix Tom Holtz Elegant Flourishes
Ink: Orange Colorbox pigment ink
Accessories: Button, ribbon, rub on, pop dots, corner rounder Gold Glow Smooch Spritz



13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lara - thanks for playing along with Card Patterns this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Lara! I love the colors you used and the clean design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That flower is absolutely amazing! I love the embossed swirls on it. Just gorgeous! Thanks for entering this into Sentimental Sundays :)
    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wanting to get a couple of the Tim Holtz's dies myself...love your card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh love the dies and this soft and pretty card! Thanks so much for joining us in the Belli Challenge! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great, LOVE the flower! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :) Love your blog background, I've got the same one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, the flower is fab and like the simple layout. Glad you joined us this week at Paper Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so loving the flower and this card! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a FABULOUS card... I love how you embossed the flower petals.. Thanks for joining us at Practial Scrappers this week..

    Amanda:0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the layout you followed with this wonderful and colorful flower! Great job! thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful card! Love your colors and just adore that flower! Thanks so much for playing with the Belli Challenge this week!
    Hugs,
    Darsie
    Belli Challenge Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that flower! so pretty
    thanks for playing in the Belli challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the flower, thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete