Picture the Light in Your Life!

Thursday, September 16, 2021

Cute bear card!

Since I last posted, I resigned from a place I worked for over 20 years, moved 300 miles back to Syracuse and started a new job.  This whole time -- before the move and after -- I've been making cards but not posting.  Birthday cards, Valentines, Christmas cards, "just because" cards for friends.  Last Christmas and for Valentine's Day this year, I made over 200 cards for nursing home residents for each holiday.  I sent some to the place where my mom used to live, as well as giving some to a local non-profit that shared them locally.  It's nice to know that I can brighten the day of someone I don't know with something I colored/glittered/watercolored.

I watched a video by Natasha Foote, and she used square dies and a corner rounder she had on hand to mimic some of the newer dies that are available that cut 2 pointed corners and 2 rounded ones.  I used her basic design to create an A2 birthday card to add to my stash.  

It's a fairly straight-forward design and easy to adapt to make it cute like this or elegant with leafy/floral stamps and more muted colors.


The card also answers a challenge from Call Me Crafty Al to shop your stash and use dies never used before.  I've had the Spellbinders Classic Squares for FOREVER, but I hadn't actually used these little squares.  Sometimes it's nice to shop your stash! #SYSS2 #ShopYourStashSeptemberCMCA #SYSSCMCA 

Paper:  Doodlebug Custom Rainbow 6x6, DCWV Holographics Mat Stack, DCWV Fall Cardstock Stack, Accent Opaque Digital Smooth 100lb.

Dies: Spellbinders Classic Squares small and large, Catherine Pooler celebrate, Lawn Fawn Outside in Stitched rectangle stax

Stamps:  MFT Bitty Bears

Ink:  Versafine onyx

Tools:  EK Success corner rounder, Spellbinders Platinum 6



No comments:

Post a Comment