Picture the Light in Your Life!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Simple Sympathy and More

This week, I needed to send a sympathy card to a senior manager in my company. This black and white embossed sympathy card was fairly easy to create, and I put together a few more so I would have them on hand.


I printed the sentiment with my computer and embossed with two Cuttlebug embossing folders. The double embossed lines were made using the Scor-Pal on the reverse side. Why? Because embossing lines with the printed side up will have the raised line on the back of the card. The embossed cardstock is matted on black and adhered to a standard 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 card created from white cardstock.


The card design is inspired by SusieB on the card messageboard at Cricut.com and also answers the White, White Space and Wings challenge at 365 Cards. I have also made these sympathy cards with navy or dark royal blue so it's less stark. White on white is also good too -- like the Thinking of You card below. The pink card is part of a stationery project for a gift.




Mix and match embossing folders and colors to create projects ranging from elegant to whimsical.


Supplies:

Cardstock: The Paper Company (black, white) and Hammermill (pink)

Embossing: Birds & Swirls and Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folders, Perfectly Paisley on the pink card

Accessories: Fonts (Coronation Script, Arial Narrow), Scor-Pal

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card - so simple yet classy!

    And I will definitely try out this technique - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete